School has been back in session for only a few short months, and already the runny noses and constant coughs have started. Winter in Maine is tough, especially having school aged children that share the germs with their classmates. Every time that one kiddo gets over a cold, it seems like the next one is coming down with one. Not only are Maine winters cold, they are long… which means 5 plus months of sickness! We recently started using Quantum Health’s TheraZinc products and they have already started to make a difference in boosting the kiddos immune systems, and ours too!
Being a mom there is nothing worse than getting sick and passing it on to your kids or visa versa. Moms don’t get sick days, so staying on top and preventing these illnesses are key. I’ve put together a list of tips & tricks to help you this cold & flu season!
1. Get your flu shot! This can be one of the first steps in preventing the spread of the flu through your household.
2. Wash your hands, a lot! Practicing good hand hygiene is so important!
3. Keep your surrounding clean. Light switches, door knobs and counter tops!
4. Stay at least three feet away from anyone who’s coughing or sneezing. When someone has a cold or the flu, when they sneeze they produce droplets that project into the air, which land on others and surfaces.
5. Routinely clean, with soap and water, toys, and objects that younger children may put in their mouths. It may also help to wipe surfaces with paper towels that can be thrown away or cloth towels that can be washed afterward.
6. Have your kiddos take a reusable water bottle to school instead of using the water fountain.
7. Drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet. Getting enough fluids and the right nutrients will help boost your immune system.
8. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
This tips can help you get on the right foot this cold & flu season. I have found also adding into the Quantum Health TheraZinc products have started to make a difference as well.
The TheraZinc Organic Blood Orange and Elderberry Bagged Lozenges are made with USDA Organic ingredients that help give you the immune support that you need when you aren’t feeling good or if you are trying to prevent an illness.
The Cough Relief soothes your throat and suppresses your cough, which has been one of my favorites. There is nothing worse than that constant cough! Quantum Health offers many organic all natural products that will help you get through the cold & flu season and be able to enjoy the holidays without anything holding your family back!
Head over to the Quantum Health Website and use our code to get 15% off TheraZinc and Cough Relief products. Code: VMAMAZINC2018
This post is sponsored by Quantum Health, but as always the opinions above are 100% my own.